PLEASE BE AWARE THE SURGERY DOES NOT TAKE PRESCRIPTIONS OVER THE TELEPHONE UNLESS YOU ARE HOUSEBOUND
All prescription requests must be made in writing. The preferable method is to use the tear off slip from a previous prescription that lists all your repeat medication. If this is not available your repeat prescription can be ordered in the following way:
- Write your name, address and request on a piece of paper and place in the box in the foyer of the surgery.
- Fax your request to the surgery
- Post your request to the surgery if you provide a stamped addressed envelope your prescription can be posted back to you.
- Most pharmacies in Barrow offer a prescription ordering service. Ask your local pharmacy about ordering your repeat prescription.
- EMIS Access (on-line access to request your prescription, you can register at the surgery).
Repeat prescriptions can be collected 48 hours after you have ordered them.
Repeat Prescriptions and Medication Reviews
All patients on regular repeat medication will be expected to have a medication review at least once every 12 months.
It is important when taking regular medication that patients are monitored and reviewed to ensure the best possible treatment is prescribed. Your medication review date is indicated on the white tear-off sheet on the right hand side of your prescription.
When your medication review is due you will be sent a reminder and this will appear on the bottom of your tear-off slip. Please make an appointment to see the doctor when your medication review is due.
Unfortunately the doctor will be unable to continue to issue your repeat medication if you do not attend or make an appointment for a medication review.
The doctor will not commence any of the following medicines:-
If you take any of the above medicines and they are part of your regular repeat treatment, the doctor will discuss the gradual reduction and methods of hopefully discontinuing this type of medicine. The long-term usage of this type of medicine has proven to cause some long-term health damage.